Good Morning Capay Families,
I hope everyone is having a good start to your Sunday. I wanted to make sure everyone had the latest information on the removal of the mask mandate and other COVID related restrictions that will be in place tomorrow, Monday, March 14th. It's been almost two years since we began this and while I am very appreciative of the state lifting the mask mandate and allowing for personal choice, I also know that for those who are at a higher risk of COVID or live with someone at a higher risk, continuing to wear a mask will be an important part of your family's health care plan. Mask wearing is still an option for any student who wishes to do so.
While there are still varying views and opinions in our community regarding the COVID pandemic, please be kind and patient with each other as we transition into this new guidance from the CDPH.
Here is a link to the updated CDPH K-12 Health Guidance: COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2021-22 School Year
Starting tomorrow, Monday, March 14:
- Masking: There is NO requirement to wear a mask for students or staff. Students and staff may wear a mask if they would like, however, there is no mandatory masking of students or staff indoors or outdoors.
- Quarantine: There has been NO change. Here is the most recent link to the Quarantine Guidance:
- Social Distancing: There is no requirement for Social Distancing.
- Staff COVID Testing: There has been NO change. Unvaccinated staff must report their weekly test result or be tested in the office before 3:00 pm on Fridays of each week.
- Student COVID Testing: There is no requirement for student testing, however, we will continue to offer both at home and in school tests as long as our supplies last.
Have a good rest of your weekend and please let me know if you have any questions,